Ten reasons to sign up for all or part of the church retreat the weekend of September 20-21.
1. We will be writing and recording a song with internationally-known composer Paul Rudy and educator Lana Maree. Paul thinks this song has potential to have a long life. I’m pretty sure it will go viral AND have a long life. So if you want to get famous, this might be your chance.
Do I really need to come up with nine more reasons?
2. We will talk about favorite sounds from childhood, nature, family, home, etc. Come prepared!
3. We will experience a Sonic prayer! (This is not a prayer sponsored by the Sonic restaurant on SW Blvd.)
4. Some might choose to go on a sound walk in order to record and/or notice various sounds of the neighborhood.
5. We will eat. We will eat A LOT of good food. IF YOU DON’T SIGN UP FOR ANYTHING ELSE, SIGN UP FOR THE CATERED LUNCH ON SUNDAY. (Monday September 15 is the last day to register for the meals.) sign up for all or part of the church retreat
6. On Sunday we will hear Paul Rudy reflect on scriptural soundbites. When you think of the power of sound what biblical stories or passages come to mind?
7. You might get to know someone at the retreat who will change your life (hopefully for the better).
8. You might experience a new-found hope and courage in the various moments of sound-making and silence. Your faith might be stirred.
10. And perhaps the best reason of all? According to Paul, “IT’S GOING TO BE A HOOT!”
Reblogged this on Eslkevin's Blog and commented:
Get there and sing out.